Pneumatic Controller: Part 4

This is the post you’ve been waiting for! The one that shifts away from blocks of text and has more pictures. They should be more like this for a while.

Today I finished the debugging of the setup program! It now takes input, stores it correctly, and allows changes to be made in the confirmation section. There were many issues but they’re all gone now. While it’s possible that I’ll run into problems later on, those shouldn’t be too hard to deal with now that the more complicated stuff is done.

The other, more visual/shiny, thing I did today was make a more permanent base for the LCD/keypad. As lovely as electrical tape is, this one is much stronger and more stable, plus it looks a lot nicer.

DSCN2086 (1)

Arduino screwed into the board 

DSCN2085 (1)

LCD on the Arduino

DSCN2083 (1)

Keypad attached to the LCD

DSCN2081

Keypad screwed onto the base (the three nuts in the center are from the Arduino)

DSCN2082

Keypad screwed onto the base (the three nuts in the center are from the Arduino)

DSCN2079

Full assembly

DSCN2080

Full assembly – Side

DSCN2078

Full assembly – Top

Since the final version will have more things stacked on top, the Arduino won’t fit in this base. Plus, the lid to the box (which you will see in a later post) holds the LCD and tends to slam down, so I’d prefer to not have the brain of the operation jostled so much. But some of it should be salvageable and for now it’s perfect for my needs.

Tomorrow I start working on the pistons, sensors, and the main part of the code. Huzzah!

Ari

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: